Grandparents’ Rights in Connecticut

Do I Have Rights to My Grandchild?

You may, but only in specific cases.  In probate court, you can petition for guardianship of your grandchild(ren) if you feel as though it’s necessary. Alternatively, if your grandchild(ren) are involved in their parents’ divorce or custody matter, you could potentially intervene if you can prove that you have a parent-like relationship with your grandchild(ren).

If you file a petition in probate court, it can be a standard petition, or a request for immediate temporary custody. You can also petition to remove one or both parents as guardians, appoint yourself as a co-guardian and/or terminate the parents’ parental rights, and, ultimately, proceed forward with adoption if you want.


Why Choose Wolf & Shore Law Group to Represent You in Pursuing Your Rights as a Grandparent?

Have you ever argued with a woman? That’s our slogan for a reason. We are on your side, and we advocate for you zealously.  We have helped countless grandparents (and even other family members) work toward getting custody of the children in their lives that need help. Our firm takes pride in knowing we have helped so many children find stability and permanency with people who care about them. Learn more about our Connecticut Law Group and how we can help you, and get started on the process now by contacting us at (203) 745-3151 or info@ for a confidential consultation!