Child Support in Connecticut

What Do You Do When You Need Child Support From Your Co-Parent?

If you don’t have an underlying court order for child support, you can file an action in the family court for simply that. There is no need to start a full custody matter if all you want to obtain is an order for support. However, if you or the parent who would be paying child support has any state assistance, you may need to file your matter in Magistrate Court and have involved.

The State of Connecticut has issued under the premise that the child(ren) are entitled to child support, not the parent.  That is a very important factor as child support is different than alimony and is largely dictated by the aforementioned Guidelines.

Child support can be received a multitude of ways.  For example, if one party is simply paying it to the other, than can be via direct deposit, check, electronic transfer, or even services like Venmo, PayPal or Appclose.  Alternatively, the child support obligor’s pay can be garnished if necessary, or the parties can enter into a voluntary wage withholding so that the support payment would go directly to the obligee parent (usually the one who has primary custody) and come directly out of the obligor’s paycheck.


Why Choose Wolf & Shore Law Group to Represent You in Your Child Support Matter?

Have you ever argued with a woman? That’s our slogan for a reason. We are on your side, and we advocate for you zealously.  We have helped numerous clients receive orders for child support. We even handle wage withholding documents, and we use the same software as the courts do to calculate the child support to which you may be entitled. Learn more about our CT Law Group and how we can help you, and get started on the process now by contacting us at (203) 745-3151 or info@ for a confidential consultation!